Monday, June 20, 2016

Sean's Journey: A Savvy Tech Behind Your Lift Truck

For as long as he can remember, Southern California Material Handling Technician A Sean has always loved tinkering. At a very early age, he recalls fascination watching his dad at work. As soon as he was old enough to help out, he would join his dad accomplish home projects and later on, would venture into construction.
Discovering that this was his passion, Sean took courses in mechanics that started him on the road to servicing lift trucks. Eight years and counting in the industry, Sean finds himself fully dedicated to his craft and hopes to make headways as an expert in his field.
“I take training seriously. I have been fortunate to train in Houston four times, acquiring new knowledge, honing skills, and keeping myself informed about the newest updates relevant to my customers’ forklifts.” Sean’s appetite for learning is manifested in the recent roster released by COO Mike Wolfe during the quarterly meeting naming him among the top five to complete and even exceed training hours very early on in the year. “Even after work hours, courses are available online for us techs to access and train at the comfort of our homes. I see no reason why I should not take advantage of the opportunity to improve myself and better serve others.” SCMH offers paid training for off hours.
Challenging environments motivate Sean. A rock-climber, hiker, and back-packer by hobby, at work, it’s in Sean’s nature not to shun the more exciting tasks. “I just like making things right.” He laughs. Finding the answers and resolving issues is what motivates this dynamic tech. But more importantly, strongly upholds the SCMH value of accountability—taking responsibility for one’s own actions, attitudes and performance. “If I have to, I do everything myself down to the last detail because at the end of the day, I am responsible for making sure that my customer is served right.”
Sean acknowledges that the road ahead is long but with his positive attitude, the journey is looking exciting and the end rewarding. “I try to go above and beyond and focus on what lies ahead. There’s always something new to learn and goals to achieve. As long as we stay on top of developments, it will make us better techs. Better individuals who can contribute to our company, our customers, on a much bigger scale.”


No comments:

Post a Comment